IPB

Здравствуйте, гость ( Вход | Регистрация )

Ответить в эту темуОткрыть новую тему
> > Статьи о Долорес >
jv11
сообщение 20.6.2007, 19:01
Сообщение #1
Скелетон и Лунатик

Маленькая статья про Долорес в журнале People.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e223/Rkf...orespeople2.jpg

Долорес рассказала, что ее мальчики умеют играть на гитаре, Молли играет на пианино (в 6 лет - прям как Долорес почти), а Дакота уже немного танцует ирландские танцы. :)

--------------------
Well, there's a light at the end of the road...
Пользователь в офлайнеКарточка пользователяОтправить личное сообщение
Вернуться в начало страницы
+Ответить с цитированием данного сообщения

> > Ответов >
jv11
сообщение 6.7.2007, 19:59
Сообщение #2
Скелетон и Лунатик

Цитата
Другое дело как перевести. Для меня слово "бухать" синоним таких слов как "синячить" или "калдырить". Согласитесь, не очень хорошо звучит применительно к Дол...

Вот! О том и речь! wink.gif

-----------

У Долорес начинается тур в Северной Америке, отсюда новая порция интервью и статей!!!

Flight of the Cranberry: Dolores O’Riordan takes off on her own

By Christopher John Treacy - ctreacy2003@yahoo.com
Friday, July 6, 2007 - Updated: 06:38 AM EST

After selling more than 40 million albums worldwide with the Cranberries, Dolores O’Riordan was tired of the rock star grind.

You could almost hear the passion fading on the Irish quartet’s ho-hum final disc, 2001’s “Wake Up and Smell the Coffee.” Finally, after the Cranberries’ 2003 tour, O’Riordan left the band that had made her a star. At the time, the media portrayed her departure as the product of a nervous breakdown, but her reasoning seems perfectly sound in hindsight.

“It was clearly the end of the road,” O’Riordan said from Los Angeles shortly before embarking on the solo tour that brings her to Avalon on Monday. “We started recording another disc, but nothing felt inspired. We’d lost any sense of creative excitement.

Plus,” she continued, “I needed time to care for my mother-in-law, who was very ill. I’d come to a massive intersection and I eliminated the Cranberries as an option since it no longer seemed to be going anywhere. In retrospect, it seems if I hadn’t taken the time off, I probably wouldn’t ever have returned to music.”

It took four years for the now-35-year-old siren to feel her creative itch return, resulting in her diverse new solo debut, “Are You Listening?”

But for O’Riordan, family had to come first.
"I went up to Canada,” she said, referring to her Ontario property. “I had to completely step away. No contracts, no obligations. I wanted to be surrounded purely by love, so I became a full-time mother.

“Suddenly, deciding what to give my kids for dinner became important. I wanted to prove to myself that I could run my own household and actually cope without all the usual assistance that rock stars require.”

Prove it she did. Not only did she care for her children, Taylor, 9, and Molly, 6, she and her husband, former Duran Duran tour manager Don Burton, found time for a third: Dakota, who was born in April 2005.

O’Riordan also did some volunteer elementary school teaching and made good on a promise to herself to finally obtain a driver’s license.

It was partly thanks to a nudge from funnyman Adam Sandler that she found her way back to music. A phone call asking her to do a cameo in his film “Click” got the ball rolling.

“The call about the film thrust me back into the big bad world,” she said. “I spent 10 days in L.A. enjoying a bit of the celebrity treatment and I thought, ‘Gee, this isn’t so bad, now, is it?’ I had to stop breast-feeding Dakota and switch to the pump so I could make the trip, which was really difficult, but I ended up having a blast. And I also had four years of experience and inspiration to bring to that table for a new project.”

O’Riordan must have known she’d eventually record again: “Are You Listening?” was whittled down to 12 tracks from the 30 new songs she’d amassed. Using a variety of producers and musicians gives the CD a fresh feel, along with vindication of her decision to walk away from the Cranberries. Despite some rumors, she’s not planning a reunion.

“I wouldn’t consider working with a full-time band again,” she said. “No, this is better. As an artist beholden only to myself I can move freely between this life and my other identities as wife and mother. That way, neither ever really gets dull. And I know I’m blessed to be able to have both.”

Dolores O’Riordan, at Avalon, Monday at 8 p.m. Tickets: $30; 617-931-2000.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Turns in the road

When touring took its toll, she left the Cranberries for a new life

By Sarah Rodman, Globe Staff | July 6, 2007

Dolores O'Riordan doesn't have much in common musically with Britney Spears, but the former Cranberries vocalist is sympathetic to the struggles of today's pop starlets.

"They're only kids, and they have a lot of pressure to deal with," says O'Riordan, on the phone from a Sicily tour stop, where she is promoting her first solo album, "Are You Listening?" "They have a lot of people who are jealous of them, who love them and who think they own them, so you do feel a bit of sympathy because I don't think anyone understands what it's like unless they go through it."

O'Riordan went through it.

The singer from Limerick joined the Cranberries at age 18. The Irish quartet's blend of the ethereal and the muscular, on hit songs such as "Dreams," "Linger," and "Zombie," made them a success in the early '90s, a sweet but sharp alternative to the era's twin poles of grunge and teen pop.

Over the course of 13 years and five releases, the group sold upward of 40 million records. But running the hamster wheel of touring and recording took its toll on O'Riordan, as she obsessed over pleasing fans and record label execs.

"I had my little boy 10 years ago. I nursed him for three months and the band were looking at me like 'When are we going back to work? We've got to deliver another album here,' " O'Riordan, 35, recalls in a rapid-fire patter marked by a lilting brogue. "So I left the baby when he was 12 weeks and went back to the Cranberries and back out on the road and back hammering in the studio. Then I stopped again when I was about four months pregnant with my second child, and I went home, popped her [out], nursed her for three months, back to rehearsal, back on the road. You know, no real life, just really going through routines and feeling a certain sense of obligation because you're in contracts and you have the band waiting for you."

O'Riordan's weight plummeted alarmingly, and she had to cancel shows due to depression and exhaustion.

"I don't think anybody can put blame on her for anything she went through," says drummer Graham Hopkins, late of Irish rock band Therapy? and sometime member of the Frames. "[Forty] million albums sold isn't necessarily the most sane of things to happen to anybody. And I think she's come out of it so triumphantly."

That triumph had its casualties, however. When the Cranberries released their greatest hits album in 2002, O'Riordan put on the brakes. "I said to the boys, I can't turn the clock back, my children are going to be small only for a while, I want to stop this. I want you to go ahead with your lives, don't wait for me. I don't know what I'm doing, but I'm certainly not going on the road and not back into the band, not now. I don't want to be the sad old rock star who's had too long away from the kids."

Instead she spent time with her husband, former tour manager Don Burton , and had another child. The family moved to Toronto to be near Burton's ailing mother, and O'Riordan wrote songs when the mood struck her between checking homework assignments and cooking dinner.

"It was great to just suddenly find myself sitting around looking up at the sky, counting the stars, wondering 'Will I ever go back? I don't know. But right now I'm enjoying this moment.' It was a beautiful four years."

It was also a fruitful four years, as "Are You Listening?," recorded in bits and pieces during that interval, demonstrates.

Forsaking the harder musical and political edges that had marked the Cranberries later -- and less successful -- albums in favor of odes to O'Riordan's family, "Listening" is meditative and optimistic. It features more of O'Riordan's first instrument, piano, and showcases different sides of her multifaceted voice, from dusky croon to sculpted howl to ecstatic yodel.

Hopkins, who played on the album and anchors O'Riordan's new band, which comes to Avalon on Monday, was surprised by some of the turns O'Riordan took during recording. "I think it would've been easier for her to go on the same path, but she's gone somewhere different, and I think that's probably because she's experienced so much of life's pains."

First single "Ordinary Day" is a gentle prayer for 2-year-old daughter Dakota. Icy piano rocker "Black Widow" is a choir-filled outpouring of emotion in response to the illness and death of her mother-in-law.

But as the up-tempo "Loser" proves -- with its snappy backbeat and tuneful sneer -- O'Riordan has lost neither her gift for penning a melody that whistles around in your head after one listen or the sass that fueled the band's more aggressive side.

"It's a fresh sound, but it's something that people can recognize at the same time," says Ron Bowen, program director and morning drive-time host of WXRV (92.5 The River).

"I think a lot of people who liked the early Cranberries material are linking with this record because in a way we're on the same page in life," says O'Riordan of fans who have started families and begun to recognize their parents' mortality.

She's also grateful for those fans who aren't on quite the same page, at least chronologically, including Avril Lavigne and Natasha Bedingfield , who have cited her as an influence. "It's very flattering, but it does make me feel like 'How many more lines have I around my eyes?' " says O'Riordan with a laugh. Her crow's feet also spring to mind when kids approach her at shows and say, " 'I was 6 when my mom used to play your music,' and I'm thinking "[expletive]!' The penny dropped."

Because there was no animosity in the band's split -- the other three members have begun separate music projects -- O'Riordan says the door isn't closed on a reunion. "But," she says, "we'd want to be apart for 20 years or something, you know? And it would have to work. Like, the Police are totally selling out, they're massive. So if you're that hot it's great, but then if you're not it doesn't work. Maybe one day [fans will say] 'Hey man, [the Cranberries] were cool, let's go!' Or it might be like, 'Who?'"

Долорес рассказывает о Торонто.

Talking Toronto - Dolores O'Riordan

At the Phoenix (410 Sherbourne), Saturday (July 7). Doors at 5 pm. $49.50. 416-870-8000.

What Toronto restaurant do you like to eat at before a show?

DOLORES: I never eat before a show, but I love going to La Castille Steak House & Tavern (2179 Dundas East, Mississauga).

What club do you hit when you want to party after the gig?

DOLORES: I don't go to clubs. Ever.

What do you love most about Toronto?

DOLORES: The people, clean city, waterfront.

What do you hate about the city?

DOLORES: Being stuck on the 401.

Hotel of choice and why?

DOLORES: Four Seasons wherever I go, because you can't go wrong.

Most memorable border-crossing experience heading to Toronto?

DOLORES: Twice rejected in the early 'Berries days because we had the wrong visas.

What was the wildest time you've ever had in Toronto?

DOLORES: Too many to count. We had our daughter's christening on a 100-foot yacht cruising around the harbour - great view from the water.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Her zombie days are in the past

After years spent feeling like a commodity instead of a human, ex-Cranberries singer Dolores O'Riordan is enjoying her life
BERNARD PERUSSE, The Gazette
Published: Friday, July 06, 2007

When you take four years to record an album, people will think you're either lazy or Paul Simon. But the wait for Dolores O'Riordan's new disc, Are You Listening? - her first since the demise of the Cranberries - had nothing to do with lethargy or obsessive perfectionism.

"I wanted to take time out to enjoy my life and not be rushing around in the rat race, which I felt I had been in the Cranberries," she explained during a recent telephone interview. While the group was together, she said, time seemed to be going too quickly. "Each time I'd have a baby, I'd go back on tour when the baby was (about) 5 months old," she said. "This time, it was nice not to be in a contract and not feel like you had to be an entertainer. For once in my life, that was my feeling - just to feel like a human spirit."

For O'Riordan, the leisurely pace was a long time coming. She was only 23 when the Cranberries broke through commercially in 1994 with their second album, the multi-platinum seller No Need to Argue. The Irish group's hard-edged pop sound, largely defined by O'Riordan's go-for-the-jugular vocal attack, brought arena-rock success. For a while, during the mid-'90s, it seemed as if songs like Linger, Zombie and Salvation were part of the zeitgeist.

Fame came at too high a price for O'Riordan. "There's not really much I remember (about those years), except working all the time, and a lot of suitcases being packed and unpacked, singing 24/7 and seeing millions of hotels. It was just a big fog, really," she said. "If you're very big, there's a lot of demand, and you're wanted in 50 places at once. There's massive pressure on you. It's inevitable that you're going to get burned out when you're young."

The singer began to fight depression. "I was a workaholic and I was driven too hard by the industry," she said. "Because I had no life, I got depressed. I was really thin, and I had a skinhead - and I didn't look happy."

The Cranberries followed up their breakthrough album with To the Faithful Departed (1996). By the time O'Riordan left and the group officially broke up in 2004, they had released five studio albums.

While hope springs eternal for some diehard fans, O'Riordan said the Cranberries are finished. "We could do a reunion tour in 15 years' time or something," she said. "We did what we'd set out to do."

O'Riordan, who married Don Burton, Duran Duran's former tour manager, in 1994, said her children - stepson Donny, 16; Taylor, 10; Molly, 6; and Dakota, 2 - have provided a durable anchor.

"When you're a kid and you have nothing and you go out there and you're famous and everybody wants to kiss your bum-bum morning, noon and night, and nobody's going to be honest with you, and you're surrounded by yes-people who just want you to work 24/7, eventually it's going to wreck you. There's no reality there," O'Riordan said. "Once I got away from that mentality and started my family, it was that real love that you don't find when you're a huge commodity."

That emotional connection informs much of the material on Are You Listening?, she acknowledged - but the idea that domestic joy is a deterrent to art is a cliche, she said.

She's glad she had children at a young age, she said. "I'm 35 now. There's a sense of reality you get from children that you don't get from being famous."

Her close bond with her mother is echoed in the kind of relationship she fosters with her own kids, she said. "I think the mother-daughter bond is a very particular one. Your mother lived her life and she wants you to fulfill all your dreams and maybe the ones she didn't fulfill. I feel that with my own kids. When they accomplish something, I see it as my own accomplishment."

Some of the youngsters may join O'Riordan on parts of her current tour, which began in May. "We're having great fun," she said of her new backing musicians. "Working with new people, it's totally like being in a new group. We're having a good laugh."

Dolores O'Riordan performs at Metropolis, 59 Ste. Catherine St. E., tonight at 8:30. Tickets cost $42.50. For more details, call 514-908-9090 or go to www.ticketpro.ca.

--------------------
Well, there's a light at the end of the road...
Пользователь в офлайнеКарточка пользователяОтправить личное сообщение
Вернуться в начало страницы
+Ответить с цитированием данного сообщения

> > Сообщений в этой теме >
jv11   Статьи о Долорес   20.6.2007, 19:01
jv11   Статья о Долорес и Mono Band на русском на сайте п...   29.6.2007, 14:40
Lyapis   Article on Dolores in South Jersey Scene Former C...   29.6.2007, 21:12
Dess   Все большое спасибо за статьи! Жаль, что из-за...   30.6.2007, 1:26
jv11   After A Decade Away, She’s Back, And Better Than E...   30.6.2007, 12:10
олег   А RS, то исправляются! В новом июльском номере...   2.7.2007, 16:48
Карп   Стоит 65 руб. К сожалению у меня нет возможности п...   4.7.2007, 21:19
jv11   Я курила траву, но больше бухала. LOL Не, ну ...   5.7.2007, 16:13
Lyapis   http://investordailynews.org/society/pop-q...lores...   3.7.2007, 7:43
Dess   Класс! Карп, ты у нас в библиотеке работаешь?:...   5.7.2007, 13:51
Карп   В детской. Нужна подшивка "Мурзилки" за ...   5.7.2007, 14:46
Карп   Вот и я о том же! Рано говорить, что RS исправ...   6.7.2007, 10:21
Dess   Может Долорес просто так пошутила, не уверен, что ...   6.7.2007, 11:18
jv11   Это было интервью испанскому RS, а наши "умел...   6.7.2007, 11:37
Dess   Ну она ведь недавно говорила, что часто употребляе...   6.7.2007, 11:54
jv11   Shit - это вполне нормальное слово, по сути эквива...   6.7.2007, 15:47
Dess   Бухать по-моему тоже нормальное слово, не матершин...   6.7.2007, 17:30
Карп   Вот вы полемику устроили вокруг одного единственно...   6.7.2007, 19:32
Dess   Ничего себе у них неплохие статьи пишут на сайтах ...   7.7.2007, 1:14
Lyapis   http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/Artists/O/ORiord...32460...   9.7.2007, 16:05
Dess   Впервые вижу, чтобы 3,5 балла за концерт поставили...   10.7.2007, 1:49
Lyapis   А я думал 3,5 это мало... OK.Просто некогда было.....   10.7.2007, 2:14
Lyapis   http://www.edgeboston.com/index.php?ci=108...es...   10.7.2007, 17:07
jv11   Спасибо за линк. Это одно из лучших интервью Доло...   10.7.2007, 17:55
Lyapis   А может Apple не она написала?Или журналист неправ...   11.7.2007, 2:13
Dess   2Lyapis: Едва ли. Долорес часто даты путала в инт...   11.7.2007, 2:56
Карп   В 2 раза больше шансов, что одна из дочерей будет ...   11.7.2007, 14:19
jv11   Не, Долорес все свои песни пишет сама. :smile: ...   11.7.2007, 10:15
Dess   2jv11: Может она просто пошутила, подзадорила пуб...   11.7.2007, 10:40
Lyapis   В принципе не важно в каком порядке идут альбомы.....   11.7.2007, 12:34
Lyapis   Дети Клюквы..ладно хоть не дети Кукурузы...   11.7.2007, 16:13
Dess   2Карп: Вроде бы есть Abba Teens есть или A-Teens....   11.7.2007, 17:18
Lyapis   BOSTON GLOBE: http://www.boston.com/news/globe/liv...   11.7.2007, 17:39
Lyapis   http://www.citypaper.net/articles/2007/07/12/new-d...   12.7.2007, 18:37
Lyapis   http://www.philly.com/inquirer/magazine/20...bling...   17.7.2007, 12:23
Geenay   Десс, что-то я совсем обленился. Медленно перевожу...   19.8.2007, 16:40
Dess   Спасибо, Geenay! Если честно, я тебе самую сло...   20.8.2007, 12:53
Geenay   Спасибо, Geenay! Если честно, я тебе самую сл...   20.8.2007, 19:11
Dess   Да, во многих статьях одни и те же факты, к сожале...   21.8.2007, 2:31
Lyapis   Это в принципе ессно.Не могут об одном и том же че...   21.8.2007, 8:35
Dess   Но тем не менее много нового Долорес рассказала в ...   22.8.2007, 11:01
Lyapis   Конеш.Новый тур,через столько лет.Альбом 1-сольный...   22.8.2007, 11:20
oks   да, щас будет ряд новой информации, а потом опять ...   22.8.2007, 13:03
Dess   Может быть не так долго и будет затишье. Будем над...   22.8.2007, 13:10
Sergey   Статья в Российской Газете "Та самая Долорес...   30.8.2007, 21:00
Astronom   Вай! Как сказал! :bj: Ну это надо быть ...   30.8.2007, 21:04
jv11   Sergey, спасибо за ссылку! В номинации ...   30.8.2007, 22:44
Astronom   Наверное Долорес министром чего-нибудь сделают :t...   30.8.2007, 22:49
Карп   Вот уж, действительно. От кого не ожидал, так это ...   31.8.2007, 0:17
Dess   Спасибо автору за то, что назвал Долорес красавице...   31.8.2007, 3:33
олег   Сегодня попробую разыскать этот номер! Эх, пол...   31.8.2007, 8:24
Dess   Олег, если найдешь и будет 2 номера, купи, плз, 2 ...   31.8.2007, 10:07
Sergey   Да действительно, "Российская газета" - ...   1.9.2007, 22:05
Dess   Теперь очередь за США. Пусть у них в гос. газетах...   2.9.2007, 3:01
Lyapis   Новое интервью.RS(Chile) http://img409.imageshack....   5.9.2007, 4:13
Lyapis   Статья.Чагуарамас.Тринидад и Тобаго. http://www.n...   8.9.2007, 8:29
-AFC-Ingvar   Для знатоков португальского. Собственно: :oops: ...   23.9.2007, 0:57
Карп   В совершенстве владею португальским языком! Те...   23.9.2007, 1:15
Lyapis   Автоматически переведенный текст(в гугле): The sol...   23.9.2007, 1:20
обратный холодильник   нашел тут относительно свежее интервью с Долорес н...   25.9.2007, 15:40
Dess   обратный холодильник Там на японском как я понял. ...   26.9.2007, 11:45
обратный холодильник   ну так,знаю немного (на сан-кю).сейчас пытаюсь раз...   26.9.2007, 13:12
jv11   Вот здесь http://community.livejournal.com/nepopsa...   26.9.2007, 19:17
Карп   Вот здесь написано, что в 101 номере журнала PLAY ...   29.9.2007, 22:29
Dess   Play напоминает Максимум в мире журналистики. Тако...   27.9.2007, 1:48
ViTaliy   27/09/07 http://pics.moscowout.ru/ManualThemes/Mos...   29.9.2007, 4:03
Настасья   супер, всё как надо!=)   29.9.2007, 23:15
Lyapis   Да,про музыкантов отожгли :mySm9: :mySm9: :mySm9...   30.9.2007, 1:40
jv11   По сравнению с Долорес они действительно кажутся о...   30.9.2007, 10:16
Lyapis   По сравнению с Долорес почти все мы(парни) будем к...   30.9.2007, 13:07
Dess   По сравнению с Долорес почти все мы(парни) будем ...   1.10.2007, 5:50
Карп   Ну, с новыми они тоже неплохо смотрятся: Я вот вс...   1.10.2007, 23:18
Oxygen   Да не то, чтобы маленькие парни у Долорес. По сра...   1.10.2007, 22:57
Lyapis   Я думаю Мендоза в детстве был с короткой стрижкой....   1.10.2007, 23:31
Dess   Карп По-моему, она везде хорошо смотрится.:) Хе...   2.10.2007, 5:01
Oxygen   Я думаю Мендоза в детстве был с короткой стрижкой...   2.10.2007, 22:32
Dess   Ага, а рядом с автографом Долорес: "little ha...   3.10.2007, 2:35
jv11   Последнее интервью Долорес для хорватской радиоста...   13.10.2007, 11:13
Dess   а часть с песней в какой из этих частей? Хотелось ...   13.10.2007, 11:35
jv11   Я не знаю, в какой части, потому как сам еще не ка...   13.10.2007, 11:45
Dess   Когда кто-нибудь скачает - напишите, где поют част...   13.10.2007, 12:40
Настасья   Десс, переводить статью нужно?   13.10.2007, 13:04
Dess   Конечно переведи, Настасья! Перевод всегда нуж...   13.10.2007, 13:29
Настасья   Конечно переведи, Настасья! Перевод всегда ну...   13.10.2007, 13:51
Lyapis   То ли я не так скачал...то ли что...но ни в одной ...   13.10.2007, 16:08
Настасья   вот, держите перевод. Dess, добавишь на сайт сам, ...   14.10.2007, 0:36
Dess   Спасибо тебе большое, Настасья! Отличный перев...   14.10.2007, 5:02
Настасья   рада стараться. а я почему-то ДР Дона знала давно....   14.10.2007, 9:42
Dess   Еще раз списабо. Я просто не интересовался (если ...   14.10.2007, 10:31
Настасья   в какой-нибуд статье наверняка... я тоже не помню,...   15.10.2007, 19:55
Dess   И все День Рождения отмечаешь?;)   16.10.2007, 1:48
Настасья   И все День Рождения отмечаешь?;) нееет, только с...   23.10.2007, 11:42
олег   Не знаю где про это написать, напишу сдесь. Сегод...   23.10.2007, 8:28
Lyapis   Я бы купил,но у меня не продается :(   23.10.2007, 10:34
Dess   У меня тоже вроде не продается. Ни одного журнала ...   23.10.2007, 10:57
олег   Это первый из 6 журналов - информационных спонсоро...   23.10.2007, 11:15
Oxygen   и вот что говорит её менеджер Дон Бартон(не помню...   23.10.2007, 22:01
Lyapis   С чего бы вдруг....Будет стоить столько же,если не...   24.10.2007, 1:49
Dess   Если с рук, то может дешевле.:) А так цены на журн...   24.10.2007, 2:37
3 страниц V  1 2 3 >  Все

> >