Помощь - Поиск - Пользователи - Календарь
Полная версия: Долорес покинет Ирландию навсегда?
The Cranberries In Your Head > Основной Cran-раздел > Сольное творчество Dolores O'Riordan
Карп
Судя по этой статье в ирландском издании "Герольд", Долорес решила окончательно перебраться жить в Канаду, что бы оградить детей от влияния шоу-бизнеса.

DOLORES QUITS IRELAND SO CHILDREN WON'T PRESSURES OF SHOWBIZ

Cranberries star Dolores O'Riordan has decided to quit Ireland for good.

The Limerick singer has revealed that she will shortly be leaving her plush Howth home and making a permanent move over to Canada.

And the feisty mum-of-four said her decision was prompted by wanting to protect her children from the pressures of growing up in a showbiz family in Ireland.

"It's because my 12-year-old wants to go to high school over there and he has just got a place in a lovely school in the countryside and they're all into kayaking and nature. I think it's just nice for him to be away from the pressures of society," she said.

The diminutive star hasn't forsaken her passion for music though and is gearing up to release her first solo album in August, called The Journey.

The singer, who is married to Don Burton, also said that looking back over her lengthy career, performing Ave Maria in a duet with the late Italian legend Pavarotti was one of her highlights.

"That was an amazing moment. We flew to Italy and we did the duet and it was just fabulous and such a great experience, it was such a surreal moment," she explained.

"I really enjoyed it. I love that hymn and he was holding my hand as he's so used to singing with orchestras and in those kind of quieter situations," she explained. "I'm more used to the body surfing and the rocking, but that was more of a quieter audience so there was more of a feeling of vulnerability and exposure. But he was so nice, he was holding my hand and was really sweet."

Emotional

She continued: "In the front row was Lady Di Spencer and I remember as I was singing, I looked down and saw her and she had her arms crossed and she looked really emotional, like she was in the moment.

"I was having a chat with her afterwards and she told me her mum used to love that song. And to think that both Pavarotti and Di are no longer with us, it was an amazing opportunity"

She was also at pains to point out to 2FM's Will Leahy that the band's decision to go their separate ways in 2003 was nothing to do with any bitter bust-ups.

Having sold more than 40 albums worldwide, they finally decided to split up to pursue their independent projects.

"It was one of those things where we had been on a phenomenal journey as a group of four people, but it had got to the stage where it was getting stale for all of us and we needed to go off and experiment and do other things with our lives," she added.

Wednesday June 10 2009.
Melanie Finn.
Источник: http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/around-...iz-1768240.html

Чтож, Дол уже неоднократно говорила, что ей нравится Канада тем, что её там воспринимают как обычного человека, без ореола славы, звёздности и т.п.

ЗЫ. Интересно они продадут дом в Хоуте?
jv11
Пусть живет там, где ей хорошо. :) Дом там, где сердце. :)
Карп
Всё верно! Она вообще абсолютно правильно расставляет приоритеты в жизни с определённого момента! Всё остальное - понты для старшеклассников.
А ведь найдутся умники, которые... Ну, вы поняли;)
Настасья
нашлись.

я конечно не в восторге... но если это ради учёбы ребёнка, то значит так надо...
kvm
Каждый человек хочет жить там, где ему хорошо. И это естественно. Лучше всего жить дома, а дом - там, где тебя ждут... Дол решила, что ей пока лучше жить в Канаде. Не вижу в этом ничего плохого! Главное, чтобы она продолжала радовать нас своим творчеством!!!
Astronom
я думал, она уже давно на ПМЖ в Канаде blink.gif
jv11
Я так понимаю, последние года 4 на ПМЖ она была в Ирландии, а в Канаде налетами была. Но теперь все наоборот будет, похоже.
Missis Wallace
Пусть живет где хочет, только бы пела rolleyes.gif
А её приоритеты и позиционирование себя в жизни вызывают у меняя глубокое уважение.
Dess
Как в Тарас Бульбе смысл был интересный передан, что родина там, где любимая... Так и у Долорес с Доном одна родина но в разных местах...:)
HiggsBoson
Цитата(Dess @ 16.6.2009, 8:26) *

Как в Тарас Бульбе смысл был интересный передан, что родина там, где любимая... Так и у Долорес с Доном одна родина но в разных местах...:)

Там совсем другой смысл (говорит Тарас):
Цитата
Знаю, подло завелось теперь в земле нашей: думают только, чтобы при них были хлебные стоги, скирды да конные табуны их, да были бы целы в погребах запечатанные меды их. Перенимают черт знают какие бусурманские обычаи: гнушаются языком своим; свой с своим не хочет говорить; свой своего продает, как продают бездушную тварь на торговом рынке… Но у последнего подлюки, каков он ни есть, хоть весь извалялся он в саже и поклонничестве, есть и у того, братцы, крупица русского чувства. И проснется оно когда-нибудь, и ударится он, горемычный, об полы руками, схватит себя за голову, проклявши подлую жизнь свою, готовый муками искупить позорное дело…

Другая цитата (lex-kravetski):
Цитата
...Сын Тараса Бульбы — Андрей — очень грамотно дополняет рассуждения еврея (который, кстати, по фильму скорее всё-таки положительный, хотя и своеобразный), являя собой отличный пример местного, казацкого либерала. Одна только грамотно произнесённая фраза «где хорошо, там и Родина» уже в полной мере оправдывает последующее убийство свободомыслящего казака его же собственным отцом.

Ну а насчет Дольки - пусть живет хоть в Африке :). Если журналюги так уж мучают, то можно. Другое дело, не кажется, что в Канаде ее оставят в покое. Особенно, если The Cranberries воссоединятся вновь.
Карп
Перед эмиграцией в Канаду, Долорес совершила недельное паломничество в Лурд.
Вот очередная статья из ирландского "Герольда":

DOLORES ON SPIRITUAL STOP-OFF AT LOURDES AS SHE QUITS IRELAND

Dolores O'Riordan has spent a week on pilgrimage in Lourdes before emigrating to her new Canadian home.

The Limerick-born star is flying off to her picturesque log cabin in Ontario this week with her husband Don Burton and their four young children.

But the Diary can exclusively reveal how she got her fill of spirituality before flying the coop.

Batteries

Dolores spent the past week holidaying with thousands of fellow devotees in the holy city.

A far cry from the usual glitzy resorts favoured by cashed-up celebs and rock'n'roll types, the multi-millionairess told pals how she wanted to enjoy one of her last few weeks in Europe on pilgrimage.

"It's not a typical place for stars of her calibre to go but she thought it would be a nice town to visit with her family for some peace and quiet -- to recharge her batteries properly," a pal said.

"She considers herself a very spiritual person, so somewhere like Lourdes isn't that far-fetched."

And it seems the singer's fondness for the pilgrimage town is all thanks to her mother Eileen, who has been a long-term visitor to Lourdes and encouraged her daughter, one of seven children, to visit.

All this spiritual well-being contrasts sharply with the Cranberries' early start in the music business when former member Niall Quinn composed such experimental gems as "my grandma drowned in a fountain in Lourdes". Now after seeing her mum's favourite town for herself, Dolores is gearing up to move out of her lavish Howth home and fly over to her Canadian retreat.

And although she refers to her new home as a log cabin, it is not quite as rustic as she makes out -- it stretches over an area of 4,500 sq ft and is nestled in a famous beauty spot.

The feisty mum said her decision to leave these shores for good was prompted by wanting to protect her children from the pressures of growing up in a showbiz family in Ireland.

"It's because my 12-year-old wants to go to High School over there and he has just got a place in a lovely school in the countryside and they're all into kayaking and nature," she said.

"It's just nice for him to be away from the pressures of society and all the rest."

One of Ireland's richest women, she was once part of a band that sold 40 million albums worldwide and even dueted with the late Italian legend Pavarotti.

Stale

She has always insisted that the band's decision to go their separate ways was not down to an acrimonious split.

"It was one of those things where we had been on a phenomenal journey as a group of four people, but it had got to the stage where it was getting stale for all of us and we needed to go off and experiment," she added.

She hasn't quit the music business though -- this August sees her releasing her second solo album, No Baggage.

Thursday June 25 2009
Melanie Finn.
Источник: http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/around-...nd-1789690.html

Для справки:
Лурд - небольшой городок в предгорьях Пиренеев (Франция) прославился в конце XIX в. в 1858 г. в одной из местных пещер Дева Мария явилась 14-летней девочке Бернадетте Субиру, которая рассказала о 18 визионистских актах. Бернадетта после первого явления прожила еще 21 год. Она стала монахиней. Священный престол тщательно проверил все факты, связанные с видениями девушки, и в 1933 г. признал ее святой, канонизировав под именем св. Бернадетты.

ЗЫ. Этот "Герольд" прям в летописцы Долорес заделался, каждый шаг отслеживают:)
Настасья
Долорес совершает паломничество к месту, воспетому назабвенным Квинном! ы)
jv11
Помню, как читал про этот Лурд в детстве. :)
bvana77
А пусть она в Россию на ПМЖ приезжает? ;-)

А что? климат у нас похожий, Дол здесь любят, но так как по лицу её знают не многие, то и "тлетворного влияния шоу бизнеса" не будет ощущаться... Купит домик где нибудь под Самарой, на берегу Волги...Песни будет сочинять...
Это текстовая версия — только основной контент. Для просмотра полной версии этой страницы, пожалуйста, нажмите сюда.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.